Sig Face
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sig Face

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Music  Log in  

hot to host behind a router

Go down 
AuthorMessage

hot to host behind a router Empty
PostSubject: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:22 am

made by :: (-SpideyKing-)

How To Host Behind A Router

Well i help many users within the SFO community to host behind their tutorials and it really is quite simple. So i have decided to write my own little tutorial on how you would go about Port forwarding your router in order to host on SFO.

First of we are going to need a little information to work with in order to access certain areas which need editing. Just a warning to those who have no idea what they are doing, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Finding Network IP Settings:

In order to do this we are going to need to access the command promt within windows. To do this you will need to do the following:

- 1: Hit Start
- 2: Select Run
- 3: Type In "Command". (Without The Quotation Marks)

You would have now reached the command promt window. In this window we can find out your networks IP settings. To do this, you will need to simple type in "ipconfig" (Without The Quotation Marks). This will display the IP settings which we will need in order to port forward your router.

Your next step would be to grap the default gateway which was displayed within the command promt after entering "ipconfig". For example, If my default gateway were "192.168.0.1", I would need to put this number into my explorers address bar in order to access my routers page, Where the port forwarding would take place.

After entering your routers page, It is likely you will be promted with a login page in which it will ask for a username and password. By default the username and password is normally both admin.

To find a guide which will help you port forward your router, in order to host on SFO, You will need to follow the following link..: http://portforward.com/routers.htm. Select the router you have and then select Street Fighter Online from the games selection.

After following the guide and successfully port forwarding your router, You will need to open SFO and go to Options followed by the "Network" tab.

The following screenshot will show you what you need to set your SFO settings to in order to complete the hosting process..:

hot to host behind a router Hg

You will need to change the "LOCAL IP" to the IP address of your network. You will need to go back the command promt which we accessed at the beginning and grab the "IP Address" and enter this number into the "LOCAL IP" box.

If you have followed everything above correctly you should now be able to to host.

Other then that.. Happy Hosting .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:52 am

Helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 am

does it help 2 hav ppl b able cuz iv been able 2 host since 4 eva
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:53 am

well r u behind a router??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:58 am

no dip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:43 am

If you behind a router is easy to follow those rules above..Even though im behind a wireless router I still don do it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 am

octs y can u host dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 am

I cant host, I am behind a wireless router.
Back to top Go down
gh.
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:35 am

this helps for the router it works i can host...
Back to top Go down
https://sigface.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hot to host behind a router   hot to host behind a router Empty

Back to top Go down

hot to host behind a router
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sig Face :: The G-spot :: Help Center-
Jump to: